Tumi continues to push outward and upward-- this time with a mountain climbing pack that looks just as good in the Sea of Tranquility as it does on the top of Mt. Hood. Their VP of Design, Timm Fenton, is an avid mountain climber and created this pack specifically for a climb in South America this Winter. The ultralight pack has a 5000 cubic inch capacity, but the radical materials keep the weight under 6.5 pounds.
This December it will be available, in a limited edition of 125 units, at Tumi stores and on their site for $595.
- 3 high tech performance and ultra lightweight materials
- Reinforced stitching at all critical high stress areas
- Adjustable lumbar/shoulder straps for different torso lengths
- Large capacity lower zipper pocket for clothing/accessories/gear
- Two external side pockets for poles/stakes or h20 bottles
- 2 Ice axe loops
- Fully adjustable shoulder straps for variable weight distribution
- Dual density foam padding and 3d mesh on back panel and hip belt
- Main draw string compartment for sleeping bag/pad, clothing, gear, etc...